To meet the needs of their clients, the Division of Vocational Rehabilitation (DVR) and Disability Determination Services (DDS) purchase services and maintain contracts with external resources. Services are purchased through formalized contracts that are part of the request for proposal (RFP) process or through open market purchases (non RFP). Both of these types of purchases are described in further detail in this section.
- What is a Request for Proposal?
- When are RFPs issued?
- RFP Contract Expectations
- Open Market Purchasing
- All Service Providers (RFP and Non-RFP)
- Are formalized contracts for services tailored to meet the needs of DVR and/or DDS clients
- Are competitive bids open to qualified businesses
- Once contracted, services are offered to DVR consumers at little to no cost
- Approved providers are given access to free training opportunities through DVR/DDS
- Approved providers are marketed to DVR consumers through the Choices Booklet publication
- RFPs for DVR and DDS, including instructions for submission, are made available at bids.delaware.gov.
- Please take a moment to register for notifications about DVR/DDS and other State of Delaware notifications at: https://de.blackboardconnect.com/. For additional instructions, please see the Step by Step Guide on how to register.
RFPs are issued once every two years by DVR for the following services:
- Job Development and Job Placement
- Employment Readiness Services
- Tutoring Services
- Community Based Vocational Assessment
- Applied (Functional) Behavioral Support Services
- Job Coaching (With and Without American Sign Language Support)
- Psychological, Psychiatric and Professional Medical Consultation
- Supported Employment Services
- Assistive Technology Services
- Deaf and Hard of Hearing Coordinator Services
- Vocational Training Services
- Transportation Services
- Self Employment Services
- Innovation and Expansion Services
RFPs are issued once every two years by DDS for the following services:
- Psychological, Psychiatric and Professional Medical Consultation Services
- Medical Report Transcription Services
- Courier Services
Expectations of Vendors Contracted Under the RFP Process:
- Vendors complete and maintain annual consumer satisfaction surveys for DVR consumers served.
- Adherence to DVR/DDS forms, policies and procedures per the terms of the contracts.
- Participation in annual quality assurance reviews.
- Maintain qualified personnel with standards for continuing education in place.
Services may also be purchased:
- As "open market purchases - required by DVR consumers based upon formalized assessment by a qualified vocational rehabilitation counselor
- All purchases outside of the RFP process are subject to State of Delaware purchasing policies and restrictions (Del. Code Title 29, § 69).
All service providers must:
- Not be barred from doing business with the State of Delaware.
- Demonstrate that services address an individual's barrier(s) to employment and/or result in the acquisition of skills that lead to quality job opportunities in the Delaware Labor Market.
- Complete and maintain an up to date W9 form with State of Delaware, Division of Accounting (https://w9.accounting.delaware.gov/W9form.aspx).
- Possess and submit copies of liability insurance (if applicable) and a Delaware business license to DVR/DDS prior to providing services.
- Possess and submit copies of appropriate credentials and licenses to provide services (as applicable) to DVR/DDS.
If you consider yourself a diverse (minority, women, veteran, service disabled veteran, or individual with disability) owned and controlled business enterprise and/or a small business of a unique size, in the State of Delaware, we encourage you to apply to:
Office of Supplier Diversity
Enterprise Business Park
100 Enterprise Place, Suite 4
Dover, DE 19904